My amateur radio station is a slowly evolving setup which is limited more by available time than anything else.
Equipment/ software list:
- Yaesu FT-950 with IF-2000 board fitted. MD100 Desk microphone.
- Signalink USB for digital modes
- Kenwood R-1000 Receiver
- Dell Optiplex 980 PC with SSD and Windows 7 Ultimate
- Ensemble II SDR (for 192 kHz pan adapter) with HDSDR
- TRX-Manager. After operating with Ham Radio Deluxe for several years and with the free version now not supported I decided to transfer to TRX-Manager. Its operating philosophy is different to HRD – it takes a little of getting used to – however it is stable and performs well and provides an excellent glass interface to the Yaesu.
- Nally 2 stage tilt over tower (13m). Purchased 2’nd hand from an amateur in Victoria. It was in good condition albeit with the support pole cut off at ground level. Welded a 3m length of heavy galvanised pipe on the bottom (reinforced internally) and concreted into the ground.
- Buckmaster 7 Band OCF Dipole
- Diamond CP62 5/8 λ 6m vertical (has incurred significant cocky damage – not operational) – now repaired thanks to aluminium tubing sourced TET-Emtron (great service).